Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Friday Night

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so this weekend my friend is graduating from college. A few years late, but he did it. Congratulations. Oh, and he’s an art student so, he’s got like a show or whatever going on for it.

I am anticipating the usual bongs and beer, and large group of parents and teachers in a room full of mostly mediocre at best work. Fortunately, I like my friend’s work, so if anyone asks me anything at least I can talk about his stuff rather then launching in to a tangent of how shitty this piece is and it turns out to be the person’s I’m talking too. Which of course always happens, but often I don’t care, so fuck it.

So anyway, I’ll be at this place; Arts Center, in Pasadena to be exact, and that’s cool. I’ve been there before. It’s a nice place. I mean, it’s an arts college, there will be lots of hot chicks running around. And normally I do good at things like that. I can talk about art and all that bullshit real good.

But really, there is this one chick that in particular I’m hoping will be there. See this would pretty much be like a regular night of blasted and whatever, but I am actually looking forward to seeing this person. And by that I mean, I’m kind of nervous. Which is weird for me, but I like her. And it’s one of those situations where you know she’s cute and all, and we get along, and there was a time when I had a good chance, but I decided to fuck her hot friend instead. It wasn’t a big deal or anything, I didn’t like piss her off, we just were friends and lost contact. I mean, we hung out and stuff, and I actually asked her out. I think I took her to the LACMA, but I never made a move or anything, I don’t really know why, so it just kind of fizzled.

Actually, I wouldn’t be surprised if she just figured I lost interest, which is kind of true. She moved to Long Beach and started hanging out with a shit load of hipsters. The last time I saw her was at her place for her birthday or something like that. Someone’s birthday. And since hipsters and I generally get along like oil and water that was what I expected then too, but I remember getting really drunk with a hot Asian friend of hers, and everyone thought I fucked her, but I just took her home. Damn, that was a sexy Asian. I lost her number before I even got home that night.

Anyway, so everything is hella complicated with this girl, and I have never even touched her or anything, or even tried. But I know that when I see her it’ll go one of two ways; either I’ll be drunk, and I’ll blow it, or I’ll be stoned, and I might have a chance to talk my way to somewhere. But it looks like slim chances thus far.

Oh, shit. I just remembered the last time I saw her. I fucking forget everything. I bet when I see her she’ll be like, “Stoner, you saw me like last month at blah blah blah…” Because that always happens. But anyway, anyway, the last time I saw her was at her best friend’s house. I really did not want to be there. It was far from my scene. From what I remember before I retired to the back yard with a 12 pack and a bong I brought myself, the place looked like one of those new McDonalds commercials that is trying to look like an American Apparel commercial. So I was like “uhhhhh” and I was pretty much resigned to getting someone to drive me home while getting WASTED. Then that chick showed up. And this was pretty much the time that I started thinking maybe she was interested. It was way after all that other stuff, even the date, and I guess she wasn’t so into the scene either because she chilled with the small group that had collected around me. And then we talked and I flirted for like a long time.

But then her boyfriend showed up. And I didn’t even know she had a boyfriend. Why do hipster girls always want to date pudgy hairy guys who don’t’ know how to groom their beard? It’s like I can grow a beard, and I can take care of it, and I’m not a pussy. Whatever, they broke up awhile ago. But still, I was all like, “er fuck this…” So now, I don’t know what to think. I haven’t talked to her in at least 5 -6 months, and I don’t know shit about her. I just know that this is the longest she has been single as long as I have known her, and every dude she’s been with has kind of looked the same, i.e. not like me. But still, I have this feeling. I mean she likes dudes that are physically like me, tall and light hair, but not in look or lifestyle. I don’t know. I guess I’m gonna be good and drunk on Friday though.

No comments:

Post a Comment