Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Traffic Court



So, on Thanksgiving I was pulled over by a member of the LAPD. He gave me a citation for an illegal U-turn, at Hollywood and Whitley, where there is no "no U-turn" sign. So, I took the citation, and read it, and followed the directions on it, which ended up with me at the Metropolitan Court on Hill in downtown LA yesterday.

First of all, I get there, and it's like a fucking complete free for all. I had no idea where to go, but somehow 3 people still asked ME for directions. I guess that pretty much sums up how crazy that place can be. I ended up asking a cop because what else am I paying them for? And amazingly, he sent me to the right line.

So, I stood in this line for 2 hours or a little more, to get to talk to a VERY old and unpleasant woman. Oh, and while I was in the line, you know what it's like, the little rope things, and the zigg zagg, the awkward seeing other people staring at you while you stare at people, EVERYONE tried to check out this ONE girl. Like, LITERALLY, every dude turned looked at her, and moved his eyes down to her ass. I mean, she had a nice ass, but like EVERY dude, in the most gross and "undress you with my eyes" kind of way looked her over. It was weird, like what do they think? If they drool enough she'll be like, "Oh damn that guy REALLY wants to fuck me, yeah, he's the one." I don't know.

Anyway, I'm on this stupid line and FINALLY I get to the end, and i get to talk to this angry woman for like 5 seconds. Since I had heard her berate multiple people for not having their ID and ticket ready, I was all ready, so maybe I didn't even say anything. Anyway, I'm there and she's like, "This isn't in the system." And I'm just standing there like, "Okay? What am I supposed to do...?" So it turns out that the jackass cop didn't fill out the ticket right. So he was literally just fucking with me. As far as I can tell he never meant for me to actually pay anything, he was just bored on Thanksgiving. But I guess, if in the end all I have to do is pay $7 for parking then I'm okay with wasting a day in downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment