Thursday, December 17, 2009

Revolution



I believe that there needs to be a new revolution. A revolution of manners.

It's really been pissing me off lately. Maybe it's just this city, but no one has any consideration at all for the existence of others, even to the detriment of their own existence. All you have to do is drive for five minutes, or stand in line at a busy grocery store to see what I mean. People have become so inwardly focused, to a point of obsession, where it isn't just annoying it's downright retarded.

When you run a stop sign or a red light with a "fuck you" attitude, it isn't me that you are fucking. You see, I didn't invent the roads, or the rules. But if one of us breaks them, both of us could end up dead. So I'm only asking for a little bit of courtesy in this world. The kind that leads to us not becoming rust colored blood spots that I see so frequently on the road.

The same thing goes for grocery stores. I know, you're hungry, you're stuck with your kids, you're tired, whatever. Everyone wants to get out of there. Okay, we all get it. But it really only makes things suck more for EVERYONE when you all start acting like you're back in high school. I've seen people cut in line, go back and forth between lines. It's like, "come on, we are all trapped here, accept it and we will all leave sooner." Instead, most people try to push their way forward, making things suck for everyone else, and if they run into someone like themselves, starts a confrontation. Making things suck for EVERYONE.

So all I am asking for is a little courtesy. The kind of courtesy where when you're stuck in line and it sucks, you shut the fuck up and don't be a bitch about it. Because it sucks for everyone, so shut up.

Just a tiny amount of consideration, and the world could be that much more efficient. A small revolution of manners. But I guess thinking ahead is a lot to ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment